Friday, April 30, 2010

Final Reflection

Wow, I have learned so much this semester. My methods instructors have taught me so many wonderful lessons to implement into my future classroom. My social education instructor has made me totally look at history and/or social education in a different light. I now see just how to create higher-level questions for my students. My science methods course has really shown me the importance of allowing students the chance to explore a concept before introducing the content. Math is one of my most favorite subjects, now. I understand how using manipulatives will help students comprehend math concepts. In language arts, I completed a number of literacy activities, such as Book Boxes, that will be sure to get the attention of my future students.

Observing my second rotation teacher has truly been a great experience. She is only a second-year teacher, but she has many teaching strategies that I would love to use in my future classroom one day. She has a love for her students and for teaching in general. Her feedback to me has really been constructive. I most certainly value her opinion. Our working relationship went so well, in fact, that she told me I could use her as a reference for employment. This meant a lot to me.

Quest 2 is a work-filled semester, and I was so nervous about embarking upon this workload. Reflecting on this experience, I can see the fruitages of my labor through my reflective and presentation portfolios. I think they both turned out great! I just want to say that although this semester has been the most challenging of my time as a student, I definitely have learned the most from this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment